Stechford Click Here to go back to District Map Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES
Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
C of E
Stechford – All Saints Albert Road ( O. S GR SP 127873 )
Opened as a mission church of St Edburgha’s, Yardley in 1877 and was known as All Saint’s Church from 1892. dedicated in 1898 consecrated in 1932. A conventional District was attached to the church in 1905 and in 1932 a parish was assigned out of St Edburgha’s, Yardley. Stud Lane Mission Hall was licensed for public worship 1934 – 38, St Andrew’s mission church from 1938.
Baptist – Farncote Road Stechford
Glebe Farm chapel was completed in 1949. Missionaries from Victoria Street, Bordesley Green, founded the congregation in 1937.
Baptist – Stechford
Church hall was built in 1926, the first Baptist services at Stechford were held in 1906, in the council schools. From 1907 to 1926 the congregation used the Masonic Hall where in 1911, the church was formed.
Methodists – Lyttleton Road Stechford
Chapel was opened in 1932. Wesleyan missionary activity in Stechford appears to have begun before 1875, when a meeting room near the station was registered for public worship. The first chapel off Victoria Road was opened in 1892.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1876 – 1978
Other Churches and Missions – Station Road Stechford
Meeting hall was registered for public worship from 1936 to 1952.
Our Lady Help of Christians Lea Hall ( O S GR SP1787 )
The mission as established in 1951, and in 1961 mass was being said in the hall of Archbishop Williams’s Roman Catholic Secondary School.
Corpus Christi Lyttleton Road / Albert Road ( O S GR SP1286 )
The mission was established in 1919, and mass was said in the Presbytery until a temporary church was opened. The permanent church opened in 1929.